One of the swatchy-ladies working with me on this project is Janna, who runs The Girlie Tomboy. The Girlie Tomboy is a Facebook blog that is, as she writes in the About section,
A smorgasbord of nail related goodies.
Yep, I like that!
And even better, to a dupe-obsessed chicky?! She has a few comparisons on her blog, too.
- Zoya Akyra and Essie Trophy Wife
- Julep Kate and Orly Au Champagne
- Zoya Rekha and Zoya Sooki
- Zoya Bevin and OPI Mermaid Tears
- Cult Nails Iconic and Barielle Elle’s Spell
- Sinful Colors Kissy and Zoya Charla (you can see more Charla dupes in a Clone Attack post right here).
Wanna see her comparison photos? Then come over here!
Several of these posts have either inspired upcoming Clone Attack posts for this blog, or they are just super-reminiscent of what is to come. YEA!
There’s a lot going on behind the scenes at Lacquer Clones right now. Lots of us in the Lacquer Clones Swatching group on Facebook are compiling lists of polishes to swatch. These swatches will be used for future dupe comparison posts. It’s exciting, and I cannot wait to share what’s coming next! Feel free to join us, if you haven’t already.
One of the people helping with this project is Sarah, who runs http://www.pinchofpretty.com/. Sarah put together a great comparison post showing just how similar OPI Just Spotted The Lizard (from OPI’s Spiderman collection) and Chanel Peridot (from Chanel’s Fall 2011 collection) are. Both are just the same type of green-gold metallic duochrome.
(photo courtesy of Sarah at http://www.pinchofpretty.com)
Sometime in the future, we’ll work on providing a new Peridot comparison post including at least one other dupeish polish. 🙂
I’ve just added Legendary Lacquers to my blogroll. Karly, who runs Legendary Lacquers, recently posted an excellent dupe-comparison post with the following:
- OPI Funky Dunky and Sinful Colors Amethyst
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue Me Away and Zoya Robyn
- OPI Thanks A Windmillion and Zoya Bevin
- OPI Glitzerland and Finger Paints Key to My Art
You can find this post by clicking this link.
Karly has some excellent swatches here. You should check them out!